The 2022 International Fly Fishing Film Festival is coming to River Falls on March 4, announced Chris Bird, executive producer. The approximately two hour presentation, screening at Tattersall Distillery, 1777 Paulson Rd., will feature nine short and feature-length films from all corners of the globe showcasing the passion, lifestyle, and culture of international fly fishing.
The event is being hosted by R4F Fly Fishing Film Festival.
Doors will open at 5 with the screening at 7 p.m. Tickets are priced at $25. For information on the film festival, contact the host at email@example.com.
Among the films to be screened are:
- Caddis Magic. A film of hope that bugs will hatch and trout will rise to them;
- Four Weeks of Daylight. Atlantic salmon on the northern coast of the Kola Peninsula;
- Out West. Smallmouth bass on flyrod poppers cast by Brian O’Keefe;
- Casting Maya. Ascension Bay in Mexico’s Yucatan in search of bonefish, permit, snook and tarpon;
- A Season in the South. Remote rivers in the different regions of New Zealand’s South Island;
- Flat Out. 2021 Stimmies Anglers Choice Winner exploring Australia’s Pacific and Indian Ocean saltwater flats; and
- Into Blue. A trip up to the salt of Far North Queensland, Australia, wading and wandering the flats.
Other films include A Fly-fishing Refugee, the uplifting story of a Polish dissident in the early 1980s yearning for wild rivers; and Home Waters, a look at the trophy trout of British Columbia, Canada.
For more information and film trailers, visit flyfilmfest.com.
In addition to the films, there will be fly-fishing product giveaways and other promotions at the event.
One attendee will be selected to win the 2022 Grand Prize drawing consisting of fly-fishing gear provided by International Fly Fishing Film Festival sponsors valued at thousands of dollars.
Welcome to the discussion.
Thank you for taking part in our commenting section. We want this platform to be a safe and inclusive community where you can freely share ideas and opinions. Comments that are racist, hateful, sexist or attack others won’t be allowed. Just keep it clean. Do these things or you could be banned:
• Don’t name-call and attack other commenters. If you’d be in hot water for saying it in public, then don’t say it here.
• Don’t spam us.
• Don’t attack our journalists.
Let’s make this a platform that is educational, enjoyable and insightful.
Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.