American Education Week is Nov. 14-18 and serves as a reminder to recognize one of the world’s most precious resources – educators. As the saying goes, “It takes a village to raise a child” and educators are major players on that village stage.
This week we celebrate the amazing passion, talents and professionalism of our local education team.
Educators not only increase the academic knowledge of our children but also teach work ethic, honesty, responsibility, citizenship and perseverance. Our educators model compassion, integrity, respect and knowing right from wrong.
Our teachers and support staff don’t just impart knowledge on the minds of our children, but they also serve as caregivers, advisers and mentors.
Our district staff are proud partners in this very special River Falls village as they have important roles that all intersect with doing that which is best for our children:
- Bus drivers start and end the school day with a smile and safe transport.
- Paraprofessionals support our kids while assisting our teachers.
- Secretaries greet students, parents and other staff with a warm welcome and offer of assistance.
- Food servers provide nutritious meals.
- Administrators lead, support, provide resources and mentor students and staff.
- Counselors, social workers and psychologists provide guidance and support.
- Teachers teach, model and inspire our children to remain curious learners.
- Custodians and maintenance workers keep our facilities clean and safe.
- KidsClub provides safety, activities and care before and after school hours.
- Health care staff contribute to the well-being of all.
- Office and support staff throughout the district, who provide valuable support behind the scenes.
- Coaches and advisers all provide co-curricular experiences and positive role models.
These are the stories of our local educators, and I invite you to join me in thanking them for their heroic work. Throughout American Education week, we will be posting stories, shoutouts, and thank you messages to our educators, and I encourage you to take a moment to do the same on our district’s Facebook page.
Recognize a teacher from your childhood. Honor a school staff member working at your child’s school.
If you’re an educator, thank a colleague. There are so many inspiring stories to share.
So let me start this American Education Week with a thank you. Thank you to our incredible education team in the School District of River Falls. Your work makes a difference every single day, and I am so thankful for your commitment to our students.
Please join me in honoring our teachers, administrators, paraprofessionals and all of our support staff for their positive influence on the children of this very special village. They deserve our respect and appreciation – and our support will help to inspire them to continue their professional calling.