River Falls Board of Education Meeting
Monday, August 13, 2018 - 6:30 PM
District Office Conference Room
852 E Division Street
Official agenda notices will be posted at Dick's Fresh Market, the Public Library, and the 1st Nat'l Bank. The complete agenda will be posted under "School Board" at www.rfsd.k12.wi.us.
1. CALL TO ORDER - 6:30PM, DISTRICT OFFICE
2. MANNER OF PUBLIC NOTIFICATION OF MEETING
3. HEARING OF VISITORS OR DELEGATIONS
4. INFORMATIONAL ITEMS
1. Superintendent report:
a. Referendum Follow-up
2. Administrative Reports:
a. Director of Academic Services- High School class
size update. Informational high school presentation
specific to the possibility of reducing the total number
of credits for graduation, and potential consideration to
implement a study hall opportunity for high school
b. Director of Student Services- Seclusion and
c. Director of Finance and Facilities- Audit update
B. Update on Integrated Comprehensive System for Equity
5. ACTION ITEMS
A. Approval of minutes, bills, and recommended
B. Approve second reading of revised policy 411 Equal
C. Hear presentation and approve High School
modifications to the current reassessment policy.
D. Hear presentation and approve High School
modifications to the current grading scale.
E. Consideration and/or Action to approve August 6, 2018 Educational Program Committee recommendations:
1. Approve addition of 6th Grade to Middle School Cross Country
2. Presentation on District 1-to-1 program including a device Insurance update, long-range planning goals and Securly.
3. Approve the 2018-19 Assessment Calendar.
4. Youth Apprenticeship Grant presentation and approval of a lead administration role for this grant.
F. Consideration and/or Action to approve August 13, 2018 Finance & Facilities Committee recommendations:
1. Referendum planning process update
G. Consideration and/or Action to approve August 13, 2018
Personnel Committee recommendations:
1. Certified Staffing update
2. Personnel Committee goals
3. 2018-19 Parent-Teacher Conference date revision
4. Approve 2018-19 Employee Handbook
5. Approve Youth Apprenticeship Grant Co-Lead job
H. Proposed/suggested items for next regular and future Board meeting agenda(s)
I. Schedule next Board/Committee meetings
_____________________________________ (Pub. 08/09/18) WNAXLP