Pierce County Sheriff's blotter: Dog theft investigated; Low-flying plane
Dog theft investigated
A caller reported a possible dog theft Nov. 16 from a farm on Highway 10 in Ellsworth. A possible witness was identified.
A caller reported a low-flying plane at 4:18 p.m. Nov. 13 near 690th Street and 810th Avenue in River Falls. Extra patrol was requested.
• A suspicious light was reportedly seen in the woods at 6:10 p.m. Nov. 13 near 3247 875th St. in Hager City. A deputy checked, but couldn't find the light in question.
• Deputies were dispatched at 5:40 p.m. Nov. 14 to Highway 35 east of Bay City for a report of someone pointing a laser at cars on the hill. Deputies couldn't find the suspect.
• A power pole and lines were reported down Nov. 5 at 420 Pine Ave. in Plum City. Tire tracks appeared to be left from a large tractor or combine.
• Deputies assisted firefighters with a combine fire at 9:21 p.m. Nov. 16 at W601 210th Ave. in Plum City.
Gun report on River Falls campus
Deputies assisted UW-River Falls police at 3:24 p.m. Nov. 15 following a report of a person possibly carrying a gun. The person wasn't found.
Man airlifted from field
An airlift was requested at 5:39 p.m. Nov. 15 on 210th Street in Maiden Rock after a man broke his hip in a cornfield. The injured man was flown from the scene by LifeLink.
• Vehicle driven by Zachary E. Schneider, 18, Readstown, Wis., rear-ended vehicle driven by Sacramento A. Klimek, 39, Plymouth, Minn., at 7:34 p.m. Nov. 5 on County Road VV in the town of Trenton. No injuries were reported.
• Vehicle driven by George J. Lacy, 68, Beldenville, swerved to avoid a deer in the road before striking a guardrail and a mailbox at 3:14 p.m. Nov. 8 on Highway 65 in the town of Ellsworth. Neither he nor passenger Tristan Lacy, 17, were injured