'Butter Than Any Udder Fair' — Day 1
Use the arrows above to scroll through the video and photos.
ELLSWORTH—The first day of the Pierce County Fair saw spotty showers and autumn-like temperatures, but that didn't stop the enthusiasm of fair goers Thursday, Aug. 10 in Ellsworth.
Make sure to check out the thousands of 4-H and Open Class exhibits, adorned with glittering champion, blue, red, white and pink ribbons as judging is complete.
Friday, Aug. 11 has a full line-up of events, including:
• Jared Sherlock, a comic magician and illusionist at 11:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. at the picnic shelter
• Pickles the Clown magic show and balloon twisting 12-6 p.m. in the gazebo.
• Power line safety demonstration by Pierce Pepin at 12:30 p.m. and 2:30 p.m.
• Free Karoon Caricatures by Pete Wagner northeast of the Round Barn 1-3 p.m. and 4-6 p.m.
• Beer garden opens on southwest side of the Midway 2 p.m. to midnight, with karaoke 7:30-11:30 p.m.
• Chainsaw carving demonstration north of the picnic shelter at 3 p.m.
• Rabbit agility at 3 p.m. in the Drewiske Barn.
• 4-H/FFA Livestock Auction at 6:30 p.m. in the Arena Barn
• Tractor/truck pull at 6:30 p.m. in the grandstand
• Colleen Raye, Debbie O'Keefe and Tim Patrick and the Blue Eyes Band at 7 p.m. in the picnic shelter. Also at 8:30 p.m.
Don't forget about the fair food! And we know the kids won't let you forget about the carnival.