THE NEW FORTY No...not again...when will we learn?
In my early days in emergency management I compiled a report about what has come to be known as the "Great White fire". That was the fire that was started when pyrotechnics were used in a Great White ... Posted on 1/28/13 at 12:12 PM
HOME IMPROVEMENT WITH ANDY LINDUS Prepare Your Home for Winter
As summer has become a distant memory and the beautiful trees of fall are turning, it is a great time to think about winterizing your home to prepare for the colder months ahead. Snow, ice and sub-z... Posted on 10/4/12 at 11:33 AM
NEW PLATEAUS Anger of Muslims
The narrative surrounding the protests and violence in the Middle East is that it is occurring because a film called Innocence of Muslims depicts Mohammed. It's against Islamic law to create images of... Posted on 9/18/12 at 7:59 AM
Police announced a suspect has been arrested, following the investigation of the St. Croix Central Elementary School fire. The announcement was made at a community meeting to update parents and community members on efforts to resume classes.
After a Tuesday, April 30, fire closed St. Croix Central Elementary, district officials have been searching for a place to hold classes for the remainder of the school year. District Superintendent David Bradley said the district has identified Rolling Ridges Girl Scout Camp, approximately 6 miles northwest of Roberts.
Just after 8:30 p.m. Sunday, March 10, local firefighters were sent to a blaze of an engulfed rental building owned by the River Falls Housing Authority at 430 Griffey St. Crews arrived to find heavy fire coming from the middle unit of the triplex.
A single-family home on Kennedy Street on River Falls' southwest side was left charred and uninhabitable, according to River Falls Fire Chief Scott Nelson. Fire officials also confirmed that property owners and Dan and Sandra Waletzko escaped their residence at 322 Kennedy St. without injury, later declining help from the Red Cross to stay with nearby family.
A Monday evening fire claimed a barn, said to be empty of livestock, on property owned by Thomas and Holly Kaeder, N4883, CTH OO, a mile south of Hwy. 10, rural Hager City in the Pierce County township of Trimbelle.
River Falls Fire Chief Scott Nelson and a press release from the Pierce County Sheriff’s Department confirm that pole-shed-style farm building caught fire about 4:40 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 15, at N8660 770th St., in the town of River Falls, about five miles east of the city and just south of Hwy. 29.
A two-story rental home in East Ellsworth will have to be razed following a devastating fire that left three adults and three children homeless and destroyed all their possessions and killed two family pets.
River Falls firefighters had a busy Monday afternoon handling calls in the Birch Cliff subdivision, the nearby Leroy Peterson farm and the high school at the same time. Firefighters first responded to an electrical fire, pictured, at the home of Jodi Kleinbrook, N8290 1015th St. in the Birch Cliff subdivision south of the city.
A grease fire in the kitchen of a lower-level unit in the UW-River Falls South Fork Suites student housing building sounded the fire alarm and prompted a full evacuation just before noon Thursday, Dec. 16. Neither smoke nor flame was visible from outside the building.
Firefighters responded to a residential garage fire around 8:30 p.m. Monday, Nov. 8 at W 9878 690th Ave., a home owned by Greg Huppert in the town of River Falls. A couple was home at the time and had evacuated without injury.
View your ad here! Cost effective targeted advertising. Contextual advertising starting as low as $79/month. This includes targeted ad delivery and search results! Add your business to the Marketplace »