CITY OF RIVER FALLS: Resolution 5639 - Business Improvement DistrictCITY OF RIVER FALLS, WI
CITY OF RIVER FALLS, WI
RESOLUTION NO. 5639
FINAL RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING
LEVYING SPECIAL ASSESSMENTS AGAINST
(BUSINESS IMPROVEMENT DISTRICT)
WHEREAS, the Common Council of the City of River Falls held a public hearing at the City Hall at 6:31 p.m. on the 9th day of October, 2012, for the purpose of hearing all interested persons concerning the final resolution to levy special assessments upon property for the benefit of the River Falls Business Improvement District (BID), the Common Council having approved the operating budget submitted by the Business Improvement District Board. The special assessments that will be levied by the Common Council are upon the following described real property located in the BID, City of River Falls:
Commercial properties included south of the line running easterly from the northeast portion of the intersection of Lewis and Division Streets, continuing across the Kinnickinnic River, and then running along the southern portion of Division Street to the northwest portion of the intersection of Division and Third Streets.
Commercial properties included west of the line running southerly from the northwest portion of the intersection of Division and Third Streets to Cedar Street; then easterly across the alley; then southerly to include property identification number (PIN) 1009-04 (State Bank of River Falls); then easterly to the west side of Third Street; then southerly to the northeast intersection of Third and Walnut Streets; then westerly across the alley; then southerly to the northwest portion of the intersection of the alley and Locust Street; then westerly to the northeast portion of the intersection of Second and Locust Street; then southerly along Second Street crossing Spring Street continuing southerly along Oak Street to the southeast portion of the intersection of Oak Street and Cascade Avenue; then westerly to southeast corner of Main and Cascade; thence generally south to the northeast corner of South Main and Vine.
Commercial properties included north of the line which starts at the northeast portion of the intersection of Vine and South Main Streets and which runs westerly along the northern portion of Vine Street to the northeast portion of the intersection of Vine and State Streets.
Commercial properties included east of the line running northerly from northeast portion of the intersection of State and Vine Streets across Cascade Avenue; then easterly to the southwest corner of PIN 1097-10; then northerly to Lake George; then generally north and northeast along the east shore of Lake George and the Kinnickinnic River to a point on the east end of the Maple Street bridge; then northerly to the northeast portion of the intersection of Pine and Clark Street; then westerly to the northeast portion of the intersection of Pine and Clark Streets; then north to the northeast portion of the intersection of Lewis and Division Streets.
WHEREAS, the Common Council heard all persons who desired to speak at the hearing concerning the report of the Business Improvement District Board.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED by the Common Council of the City of River Falls, as follows:
1. The improvements which shall constitute the special assessment levies shall be for general operating and project expenses, said improvements and expenses to be incurred for the benefit of those properties that are in the BID.
2. That payment for the improvements be made by assessing the cost to the property benefited as indicated in the report submitted by the Business Improvement District Board, and as modified by the Council at the public hearing.
3. That benefits shown on the report as modified by the Common Council are true and correct and are hereby confirmed.
4. The total amount assessed against the properties within the BID shall not exceed 100 percent of the total cost of the operating budget approved for the operation of the BID for calendar year 2013. The Common Council determines that the assessment for the operating budget of the BID constitutes an exercise of police power and benefits the properties in the BID based upon the assessed valuation of the properties within the BID.
5. The assessment against any parcel shall be included on the real estate property tax rolls and shall be paid in full by January 31, 2013. Any unpaid assessments shall bear interest at the rate of one percent per month after January 31, 2013. All special assessments received by the City for use in the Business Improvement District shall be placed in a segregated account in the municipal treasury pursuant to Section 66.608(4) of the Wisconsin Statutes.
6. That the City Clerk shall publish this resolution as a Class 1 Notice in the assessment district and mail a copy of this resolution and a statement of the final assessment against the benefited property to every property owner whose name appears on the assessment roll whose post office address is known or can with reasonable diligence be ascertained.
Dated this 9th day of October, 2012.
FOR THE CITY OF RIVER FALLS
Dan Toland, Mayor
ATTEST: Lu Ann Hecht, City Clerk
__________________________________ (Pub. 10/18/12) WNAXLP