Single out a deserving seniorDo you have a very special friend or relative who is 60 or older?
He or she could be one of Pierce County’s most admired senior citizens. Anyone can make a nomination.
No matter what your age, you can nominate your favorite Pierce County senior citizen.
Pierce County Fair Coordinator Ann Webb says just fill out an entry form as completely as possible, then have the nominee sign the statement at the end of the entry.
“This free event is not a popularity contest, beauty pageant or celebrity sweepstakes,” Webb said. “It is, however, a chance for older adults to receive the recognition they deserve.
“Winners will be selected on the basis of current activity, rather than past accomplishments.”
The three most admired Pierce County senior citizen winners will be announced at 10 a.m. Friday, Aug. 10, at a program during the Pierce County Fair in Ellsworth.
Here are contest rules:
- Decisions by the judges are final.
- Person nominated must have reached age 60 by July 1 and be a resident of Pierce County.
- The entrant must acknowledge nomination by signing the release form at the end of the entry form.
- Application, photo and other information can’t be returned. A photo must be included.
- This entry valid for 2012 only.
- Be sure that all pertinent information is included with this entry. Any details will help the judges in making their final decision.
- Nomination deadline is July 18 (postmarked). Winners will be notified by letter.
Entry forms can be obtained by calling the county Fair Office at 715-273-6874 or visiting the fair website at www.co.pierce.wi.us.fair/fair_main.html and clicking on Most Admired Senior Citizen.
Mail the completed forms to: Pierce County Fair, Attn: Ann M. Webb/ 364 N. Maple St./Box 922/ Ellsworth, WI 54011.