UUSRF holds wisdom retreat
The Unitarian Universalist Society of River Falls invites anyone interested to attend an event 1:30-5 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 19, at the UUSRF, 8010 N. Hwy. 65, and asks for a donation to the Restorative Justice Program of St. Croix Valley, as well as Turningpoint for Victims of Domestic and Sexual Violence.
UUSRF Reverend Ted Tollefson said the Seeking Wisdom retreat offers six different paths toward wisdom in a choice-laden retreat environment. His announcement says, "A path with heart leads toward wisdom. Practice living in harmony with our true selves, our neighbors and our shared world."
The day's itinerary includes several sessions:
- 1:30 p.m. -- Chanting and Toning, the Communication of Sound conducted by Nellie Moore.
- 2 p.m. -- Stories of Wisdom conducted by Tonya Schmitt, who explores storytelling, journaling and sharing.
- Relating in Spirit conducted by Rev. Nancy Holden, who talks about how the true self brings spiritual connection.
- 2:45 p.m. -- Tea Time
- 3 p.m. --The Meaning & Mystery of Dreams conducted by Tollefson, who discusses remembering, befriending and understanding dreams.
- Cognitive Behavioral Skill Building conducted by Catherine Olson, who says "we are what we think" and covers recognizing and overcoming negative thinking.
- 3:45 p.m. -- the Wisdom in Nature & the Inter-connected Web
- 4:30 p.m. -- Closing circle.