University offers information on budget-adjustment bill
The UW-River Falls made available Tuesday, Feb. 15, an informational Web page to serve as a resource regarding the budget-adjustment bill LRB-1383 presented to the Wisconsin State Legislature by Governor Scott Walker on Feb. 11.
In a special edition of its daily E-newsletter, the university said, "LRB-1383 would have a significant impact on the university and its employees. Our goal is provide accurate information on the proposed legislation as a follow-up to the messages from Governor Walker, UW System President Kevin Reilly, and UW System Board of Regents President Charles Pruitt.
The Web page includes:
- Recent news and upcoming events pertaining to the legislation
- The full text of the bill and analysis from the Legislative Fiscal Bureau
- Communications regarding the legislation from lawmakers and university officials
- Links to websites covering political activity in Madison
- University policies guiding the use of university resources for political advocacy.
Access the web page here: www.uwrfbillsite.edu or through a link on the Chancellor's Office page of the university Web site.