Free Tuesday summer concerts begin June 17 at UW-River Falls
The Cactus Blossoms will be the first featured performance of this summer’s Chill on the Hill free Tuesday concert series presented by UW-River Falls at 7 p.m. Tuesday, June 17, at the outdoor Melvin Wall Amphitheatre. They will bring a traditional country sound to River Falls.
To learn more about the Cactus Blossoms, a Minneapolis-based band, and listen to their music, visit http://www.thecactusblossoms.com/
The remaining seven concerts will provide the opportunity to see some favorite local acts, while inviting some new bands to the amphitheatre stage.Tuesday concerts, all at 7 p.m., include:
- June 24, Chris Silver Band (Eclectic roots)
- July 1, Kids from Wisconsin (Youth show choir)
- July 8, Robert Everest (World Music)
- July 15, Tommy Bentz Band (Jam style rock and roll)
- July 22, The Okee Dokee Brothers (Grammy award-winning children’s bluegrass)
- July 29, St. Croix Valley Community Band (Concert band)
- Aug. 5, S. Carey (Indie folk) and The Ericksons (Indie folk)
Grilled food, beverages, ice cream, and Rush River beer will be available for purchase at all concerts. Carry-in alcoholic beverages are prohibited, but personal picnics and non-alcoholic beverages are allowed. Smoking is prohibited and dogs must remain on leashes. In the event of inclement weather, the concerts will be moved indoors to the Falcon's Nest in the University Center, where food and beverages will still be available for purchase.
For more information, weather updates, or accommodations, call Karyn Wells in the Office of Student Life at 715-425-4444 or visithttp://www.uwrf.edu/StudentLife/ActivitiesAndEvents/SummerConcertSeries.cfm