Food-pantry director resigns
Executive Director of the River Falls Community Food Pantry Janna Carl confirmed late Thursday, May 17, that she will be leaving the volunteer position after serving in it for 6 ½ years.
She said in an e-mail, "It is time to put my life back in balance/perspective and focus on my family, job and other community commitments. My last official day will by June 1st..."
Carl said she'll be in and out of the pantry during the next few months, helping to train volunteers that will assume some of her responsibilities.
She said the RFCFP needs volunteers to help with the following tasks, given with the approximate time commitment needed to do them.
- Two people, one hour per week each to take turns placing weekly food orders
- One person proficient in Microsoft Excel, 20 hours during October/November to update the year calendars
- One creative person, 30 minutes each week to update RFCFP Facebook page
- Multiple people proficient in Publisher and Excel programs, an unknown amount of time to update marketing materials annually and for special occasions and events
- One-two people, two hours each week to manage office duties such as filing, e-mailing, and other administrative duties
- One person, two hours each week to serve as backup to the primary bookkeeper
- One person, eight hours during first week of month to serve as backup to the statistics/reporting person.
Contact the RFCFP at 715-425-6880 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Send U.S. mail to RFCFP at P.O. Box 341, River Falls, 54022. Drop off food or donations during the pantry's open hours at 222 N. Main St., Suite C.
Get business hours and more information about the pantry at its web site: www.rfcfp.org