'Fall Fling' raises money for RFAH
Sponsors and attendees at the River Falls Area Hospital Foundation’s recent “Fall Fling” contributed more than $65,000 to support the hospital.
Hospital volunteer and patient Glenda Zielski shared her personal story with the crowd, expressing again and again her appreciation for the hospital, a place where — in her words — “patients come first.”
The Divas through the Decades provided guests with an hour of musical entertainment, covering hit songs and engaging the crowd in some interactive fun.
Guests also enjoyed strolling the grounds of the Mystical Rose Gardens, the venue for this year’s event, located between River Falls and Spring Valley.
This was the seventh year the hospital foundation has hosted a fall fundraising event, raising a cumulative total of more than $500,000 to support programs and services working to improve community health. Examples of grants funded with the proceeds of past events include:
- A concussion prevention and management initiative led by our athletic trainers.
- A summer strength and condition program to help prevent injuries in local student athletes.
- A community falls prevention initiative led by our injury prevention nurse.
- New “code blue” carts to provide standardized emergency supplies for cardiac and respiratory arrest response teams throughout the hospital.
- “Challenge” grants to help local ambulance services purchase a life-saving LUCAS device.
- New CPR mannequins and AED trainers for our community CPR/AED training program.
- Lab and radiology services for Free Clinic patients.
- Construction of a new walking path adjacent to the hospital campus.
- “Baby and Me” classes offered at the hospital for the entire community.
“The Fall Fling is an important source of philanthropic support for our hospital,” said Heather Logelin, foundation and community engagement director for River Falls Area Hospital. “We sincerely appreciate all who help make the event a success, whether by providing sponsorship support, donating items for our auction and raffle or joining us for the evening.”
Those unable to attend but interested in making a donation can do so at www.riverfallsareahospital.com/fallfling.