Disagree with your property-value assessment?
Recently published legal notices indicate the approaching dates for open-book and board-of-review appointments in the city of River Falls as well as the surrounding towns.
Several dates in May and June give property owners an opportunity to challenge the values assigned by the contracted assessors.
According to the River Falls city clerk, the processes are open to all property owners. They first need to make an appointment to see an assessor during the scheduled open-book times.
To the appointment, they should bring any documentation that supports their claim such as sales comparisons, market assessments, other appraisals, etc. If they want to pursue an adjustment, they fill out a formal complaint at least 48 hours before the board of review and give it to the city clerk, who in turn schedules an appointment with the board of review.
In River Falls, the board of review is comprised of the City Council members and city clerk. Property owners should also bring their supporting documentation to the BOR appointment.
Open book and board of review sessions take place at each municipality's respective city or town hall:
- Open book: noon to 8 p.m. May 16 and 8 a.m. to noon May 17
- Call Associated Appraisals for appointments at 1-800-721-4157
- Board of review: 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. June 6
Town of Clifton
- Open book: 3-5:30 p.m. June 27
- Call town clerk for appointments at 715-426-6332
- Board of review: 6-8 p.m. June 27
Town of Kinnickinnic
- Open book: 6-8 p.m. May 20
- Call town clerk for appointments at 715-821-0382
- Board of review: 6-8 p.m. May 22
Town of River Falls
- Open Book: 1-3 p.m. May 17
- Call town clerk for appointments at 715-425-7373
- Board of review: 6-8 p.m. June 6
Town of Troy
- Open book: 9 a.m.-noon August 15
- Call town clerk for appointments at 715-425-2665
- Board of review: 4-6 p.m. August 22.