Coming Friday and Saturday: Another Relay for Life
The American Cancer Society will host “Team up against cancer,” this year’s sports-themed Relay for Life be Friday, March 28, to Saturday, March 29, at River Falls High School.
Teams of 15 people will camp out at the high school and take turns walking around the track.
Each team is asked to have a representative on the track at all times during the event.
The Relay will Relay for Life is the American Cancer Society’s signature fundraising event. It offers local residents the chance to participate in the fight against cancer.
The opening ceremonies will start at 6 p.m. Friday. River Falls Journal Sport Editor Bob Burrows will act as emcee.
To participate or to form a team for the Relay For Life of Pierce County/ River Falls, contact Team Recruitment chair Denise Burkett at firstname.lastname@example.org, 715-425-2081, or call Burrows at 715-426-5448. email@example.com or sign up online at www.relayforlife.org/riverfallswi
- 5-8 p.m., Spaghetti Diner, free will donation, register survivors eat free
- 5-5:45 p.m. Survivors register and gather in the survivor lounge
- 6 p.m. opening ceremony, flag presentation by Boy Scout Troop 54, national anthem by Karin Sollom, RFHS pep band entrance, and reflections by Diane Mulhollam, honorary chair
- 6 p.m.-Midnight, Silent auction
- 7 p.m. Pie in the face contest
- 7 p.m.-midnight, Team photos
- 7-9 p.m., Open swim, RF gymnastics club tumble/activity area, activity tables, LMLC Activity tables
- 7:30 p.m. Hula Hoop contest
- 8 p.m.-midnight Photo scavenger hunt
- 8:30 p.m. Mascot challenge with Cancer Dino, Fighting Fish and Sparky the Fire Dog
- 9 p.m. Dude Looks like a Cheerleader
- 10 p.m. Luminaria ceremony: Reflections by Caleb Peterson, honorary chair; names read by the Rev. Jerry Harris, the Rev. Chris Myers and the Rev. Ron Weller.
- 10:45 p.m., Minute to Win it
- 11:30 p.m. Tug-o-war
- Midnight, Midnight Madness basketball shooting contest
- 1 a.m., Cheese Grater and Texas Hold Em' (upper Commons)
- 1 a.m.-2:30 a.m., Open swim
- 1:30 a.m. Musical chairs
- 2 a.m. Trivia contest
- 2:30 a.m. Scooter races
- 3 a.m. Dodge ball
- 4 a.m. Relay race on track
- 4:30 a.m. Cup pong
- 6 a.m., Yoga, lap contest, breakfast served by River Falls Lions Club
- 7 a.m. Zumba
- 9 a.m. Closing ceremonies