Sections

Weather Forecast

Close
Advertisement

Cigarette butt sparks grass, barn fire

Email News Alerts

A rural Lake Tomahawk man found out the hard way during the weekend that Wisconsin's wild fire season isn't over yet.

Authorities said he tossed a cigarette butt on his property and drove into town. The tiny spark started his grass on fire after he left - and about an acre of land was destroyed before the flames burned his barn down. The incident happened May 25 in an area with a moderate risk for wildfires.

Advertisement

Get the full story
Subscribe or Log In

Advertisement
Advertisement