Sections

Weather Forecast

Close

Carbon monoxide caused woman's ice-shanty death

Email Sign up for Breaking News Alerts
accidents River Falls,Wisconsin 54022 http://www.riverfallsjournal.com/sites/all/themes/riverfallsjournal_theme/images/social_default_image.png
River Falls Journal
Carbon monoxide caused woman's ice-shanty death
River Falls Wisconsin 2815 Prairie Drive / P.O. Box 25 54022

Authorities found a woman unconscious Feb. 2 in an ice-fishing shanty on Lake Winnebago and ordered an autopsy, which found she died from carbon monoxide poisoning.

Sara Meyer, 30, of Chilton, and a 37-year-old man were found passed out in the shanty. The man survived and remains in an Appleton hospital, with no word about his condition.

Authorities do not suspect foul play, but sheriff's deputies continue to investigate the deaths. They also urge anglers to be careful when heating their shanties and make sure the small enclosures are well ventilated inside.

news@riverfallsjournal.com
Advertisement
randomness