River Falls Senior News
By Laura Swanson, Wellhaven Activity and Marketing assistant
The Senior Center will be closed Monday, Feb. 19, to recognize Presidents Day. There will be no home-delivered meals on this date.
Just a reminder for our inclement weather policy for the home-delivered meals — If the
River Falls School District is closed because of bad weather — the senior center is also closed. No meals will be delivered.
The Senior Center $5 yearly dues are now being accepted. Please stop by the office for payment.
• Toenail care will be held Tuesday, Feb. 20. Please call for an appointment. Cost of $20.
• We are headed for the Big Apple, July 18-26, 2018. Cost of $915. Call Marie for more information, 715-307-1250.
• The AARP Tax Assistance will be here at Wellhaven on Wednesday, Feb. 7, Monday, Feb. 19, and Wednesday, April 4. Please bring you current ID, all 1099 forms and documentation proving health care coverage for at least nine months. This is a first-come, first-served basis.
• The River Falls Senior Center also has future trips planned: Pella Iowa Tulip Festival, May 2-4, 2018; Fireside Dinner Theatre, July 12-13, 2018; Medora, N.D. musical, Aug. 21-24, 2018; and Celebration Bells 100-mile River Cruise, Oct. 10-12, 2018. If you are interested or need more information please call May Ramberg at 715-426-1142 or the Senior Center at 715-425-9932.
• The General Meeting will be held at 1 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 27. Bingo will follow the meeting.
• Our next pizza party is scheduled for 5:30 p.m. Thursday, March 1. Everyone invited.
If you know of someone in need of home delivered meals, contact the county in which the person resides: St. Croix County: 715-381-4360 or Pierce County: 715-273-6780.
The senior center serves meals daily 11:30 a.m. to noon Monday through Friday. A $4 donation is suggested.
The River Falls Senior Center is located within the Wellhaven Apartments and Assisted Living at 119 Union St., River Falls. The Senior Center is open daily 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. if you have any questions or ideas, call 714-425- 9932. You may also find us on Facebook — River Falls Senior Center. Our new email address is Senior.RF1@sccwi.gov.